The followings are some question types in the TOEFL IBT Listening Section:
1. Purpose; Such a question asks you the purpose of the conversation
2. Detail; Here you are asked about a specific information
3. Details (multiple answers); Here you are to choose 2 out of 4, or alternatively 3 out of 5 or 6.
4. Inference; Such a question asks you to draw a conclusion based on the conversation or lecture
5. Pragmatics; Here the narrator may ask you like this: “Listen again to part of the conversation … Why does the main say this …?”
6. Main idea; The question maybe like this: “What is the lecture mainly about?”
7. Organization; The question maybe like this: “How does the professor organize the lecture?”
8. Technique; Here the narrator may ask you like this: “How does the professor explain …?”
9. Yes or no; Here you are given a table which consists of 3 columns. The first column contains the descriptions whereas the next columns contain yes and no. You have to put check marks either in yes or no column, depending on the given descriptions.
10. Connections; Similarly, here you are given a table which consists of some columns. The first column contains the descriptions whereas the next columns contain category 1, category 2, and so on. You are to match the descriptions with the categories by putting check marks in one of the suitable categories.